Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Best Birthday Present

So my birthday was on Monday, January 9th and I just turned 49 years old. Out of all the presents and well wishes I had that day, one in particular sticks out as the best present EVER. My 28 year old son (my only child) sent me a message via Facebook wishing me a happy birthday. 

Now this may not sound like something to you, but we haven't spoken in over three years. The why of the non-communication in the past is irrelevant and to be honest, I am not quite sure why, but I think it has to do with the fact that I did the same thing to my mother many moons ago. They say that karma is a bitch and I believe that. 

Anyway, getting back to my son, he is a Sergeant in the U.S. Army serving in Iraq and I didn't know if he was alive, hurt or anything. The message came out of the blue and made my whole day, hell, made my whole year. I have been dancing on cloud nine ever since. Nothing can bring me down now or dampen my spirits now. 

I believe that this is going to be my best year yet.  I have a sexy Daddy who loves me and a child who hasn't forgotten me.  Everything else is just an added bonus.  :) 

Happy (belated) New Year's to all! 



Posted by:  baby

No comments:

Post a Comment